Friday, April 30, 2010

2 books I am reading...er...listening to..

Yup...I am multi-tasking with my books now. No I am not reading one in addition to listening to a different one at the same time. A couple months ago I was introduced to the world of audio-books thanks to one of my professors at Iona who wanted us to listen to Tuesdays with Morrie. Since then I have kind of liked the idea of listening to a book while I drive while I am alone in the car headed to work. Why not be productive while driving right??

Currently, I am listening to Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. Who is Sophie? She is the author behind the whimsical Shopaholic book series.  My mom had an extra copy of the audio book and sent it home with me while I was in Oregon. When I got back to Connecticut, I popped the first cd into my car player and entered a new world. At first I didn't know if I would like the book as it just seemed odd listening to it rather than reading it. By the time the first cd was over, I was hooked with the story and I love it. I am almost done with the story, and I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants a light hearted story. I am not finished with it...but it is pretty good. 

In addition to listening to a book, I am also reading one. I am reading the fourth installment of the Shopaholic series. The fourth installment is called, "Shopaholic & Sister". Now I will say that the first Shopaholic book was probably the best by far, but the ending of each books wants me to pick up the next book to start. I am almost done with this one and will soon start the last Shopaholic book that I have. The newest book in this series will be not be released until December according to the book boards on Sophie's page. By then, I am sure I will be one of the many who are waiting at Borders Books in line to purchase the newest copy. Ok...so maybe not fully waiting in line, but you get the picture. 

Once I finish all of Sophie's books...I will get back into my Dee Henderson book which I thought I left on an airplane! Rob found my book though when the two of us were headed to North Dakota. I was very happy to see that I didn't leave the book in the seat back on the airplane and to know that it was just in a different pocket of his laptop bag. :)

I love reading and now listening to books!! I have another audio book to listen to, but I think I will save that for this summer when I am driving to our new house where ever that may be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails