So it is time again where we all reflect on what we have done over the past year and what we want to accomplish next year. This year is special though because we end yet another decade and start a new one. I will save my remembrances for tomorrow since tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Tonight I thought I would look back in the world of movies as most people can relate to movies. When someone hears a movie title that they have seen, it is as if they are taken back in time.
These will be my favorite movies for each year: granted when looking at a list of the top grossing movies from each year...one will find more than one movie. I looked at each list and asked myself which movie I have watched over and over with out getting sick of.
- 2000 - Gone in 60 Seconds - I remember watching this in the theatre, leaving the theatre on such a high and speeding all the way home. I was lucky that I didn't get a speeding ticket!
- 2001 - Oh this was the year of the start of all the big movies that people became fanatics about (Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings). I can say that I didn't care for either of these movies. The ones that I pick for 2001 are Don't Say a Word (such a creepy movie...but I love it), Blow, The Wedding Planner, Fast and the Furious, and Save the Last Dance.
- 2002 - Yet another year of big movies installments from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. There were quite a few movies in 2002 that I liked and still like to this day. Here are a few of my favorites from 2002: The Bourne Identity, We Were Soldiers (the movie was awesome...the blind date that I was on was awful), Count of Monte Cristo, and Sweet Home Alabama. I could list a few more if I really wanted, too.
- 2004 - The Passion of the Christ (I try to watch this every year around Easter...kind of like some people watch The Ten Commandments), The Bourne Supremecy (I remember being so excited for this second installment of an amazing trilogy), The Notebook (now who doesn't like a Nicholas Sparks book put to movie?), Ladder 49, Miracle, In Good Company (this movie holds a special place in my heart. I saw this movie on Kaylee's first birthday to help distract me from the emotions of not being able to be with her on her birthday) and Shall We Dance?.
- 2005 -Hitch, Fun with Dick & Jane (now this is not a favorite of mine as it was pretty dumb...but this was the first movie that Rob and I saw together in the theatre), Wedding Crashers, Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, & the Wardrobe, and Batman Begins.
- 2006 - Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Cars, Superman Returns, Borat (yes...a movie I knew nothing about and saw it because Rob wanted to see it. He didn't tell me what we were watching until he bought the movie tickets and it was too late. It is not one that I probably could own...and yes it is pretty tasteless...but it made me laugh and it broke all type of social norms), The Benchwarmers, and Invincible are a few movies from 2006 that I liked. My sister would say different about the movie Cars as my nephew likes to watch movie on a daily basis.
- 2007 - The Bourne Ultimatum (I could not wait for this movie to come out. I had waited two years for the last installment of this trilogy. I saw it the day it came out in theatres.), Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End (I will admit that I do not own this movie yet...but I will soon.), Knocked Up (such a funny movie that anyone woman who has been pregnant can relate to.), Juno (this movie was good for highlighting what open adoption is, but yet I didn't like how parts of the movie was handled. The director should have known the correct terminology and I didn't like the wierd relationship that the prospective adoptive father wanted with Juno.), Transformers, Live Free or Die Hard, and The Bucket List.
- 2008 - Batman: The Dark Knight (I went to see this not because of the death of Heath Ledger, I just really like the Batman movies), Slumdog Millionaire, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Incredible Hulk, 21, Vantage Point, What Happens in Vegas (this movie had me laughing from the beginning clear through the ending credits), Forgetting Sarah Marshall (this was funny, but would have been funnier if my husband would not have been sitting next to me beating the punchlines before they appeared.), and 27 Dresses.
- 2009 - This year was another big year for movies. I was busy with school and so I feel like I didn't see as many movies as some of my friends or husband. Here are my favorites from this year. The Hangover (if you have not seen this movie...please rent it. This movie should be in everyone's movie collections, as it is extremely funny no matter how many time you watch it), The Blind Side (what an awesome story and film!! Please see this movie before Oscars...as I am sure you will be crossing your fingers on Oscar night, too!), X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Proposal (if you like romantic comedies...this is a movie for you!!), Julie & Julia, and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (another super cute romantic comedy).