Friday, April 9, 2010

New Movies for week of April 9, 2010

This was another slow week for new movies opening. My theatre only got two new movies where some other theatres may have recieved three or four depending on the market they are in. 


The two new movies this week that my theatre got were: Date Night and Letters to God. 


Date NightStars: Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg - The Plot: In New York City, a case of mistaken identity turns a bored married couple's attempt at a glamorous and romantic evening into something more thrilling and dangerous. **This movie was the popular one today at box office while I was working. I do like Steve Carell and Tina Fey and so I would go see this movie for a good laugh.**


Letters to God - Stars: Tanner Maguire, Jeffrey Johnson, Robyn Lively The Plot: A young boy writes letters to God as he fights cancer, inspiring, among many other people, a postal worker tasked with "delivering" the boy's mail. **From what I have read, this movie is from the same guys who brought us Fireproof last year. In the eight hours that I worked today, only two people asked for tickets to this movie. I have not heard anything about it or have seen any trailers for this movie. If you liked Fireproof and Facing the Giants then you would probably like this movie as well.** 


So that is it for this week's movies. The rest of the month will be some what medium for movies as everyone is waiting for May which will kick off the start of the summer blockbusters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails