Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Country music...

No this post is not going to be a list of the songs that I have randomly selected off my iPod that I tend to only listen to when I am sitting on an airplane. *gasp* I know...you are now in shock that I do listen to my iPod as much as you or anyone else that you know. 

Anyways...some people are under the impression that I am just getting into the whole country music scene. Guess you all don't know that I grew up listening to country. My childhood to early adolescence I listened to the Christian music with artists of AMY GRANT, SANDI PATTIE, and MICHAEL W. SMITH. Now don't look away...this is my roots...and I still like listening to these artists to this day. Amy Grant was the first person who I saw in concert when I was 10 years old. She has always been my favorite. Listened to her really old albums until the tapes would become extremely warped. I am excited to hear that she will be releasing a new cd with new songs later this year. Good for her! I have seen Michael W. Smith in concert many many times. 

In my teenage years to my young adulthood (which I am still in for another five years) I have listened to a variety of music. Christian, country, classical, rock, show tunes, alternative. I just go through my phases. I listen to one genre for awhile until I get tired of it, then I move over to one of the other genres that I like, and so on. Lately it has been country. I like the country from the 90s and some of the current stuff. So one would say that a friend converted me to enjoying Jason Aldean...but what this person would not know is that I liked Jason Aldean back in 2005 when he debuted with the songs Amarillo Sky and Big Green Tractor. 

So who are the artists that I have liked and currently like?? When I was in high school I listened to John Michael Montgomery (saw him in concert a couple times with a friend), Clay Walker, Lori Morgan, Martina McBride, Dixie Chicks (this was before they spouted off, and ruined their career), Tracy Bird (saw in concert in the pouring rain), Mark Chestnut (have seen several times, once in the pouring rain at the same concert with Tracy Bird), Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw. After high school the country music was really booming. This was when Shania Twain had came into the light and changed what country music was. I loved her music and will probably always love it. She made country music fun to listen to but still had the passion and roots that country music is all about. After high school I enjoyed listening to Shania Twain (who was amazing in concert), Trick Pony, Martina McBride, Clint Black (boring in concert). Currently I like all the artists that I have mentioned before in addition to Zach Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, and Lady Antebellum to name a few. 
If you have not heard of any of these newer artists...I encourage you to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails