Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

So here we are once again...it is the time of year where two professional football teams come together to beat the crap out of each other for the Super Bowl Champion title. I am one who does tend to watch the game every year and it has been where the commercials get more of a light than the actual game. In years past though the commercials for the Super Bowl have been less than favorable. Five years ago I could have told you what the funniest commercial was from the prior year. This year though...none of the commercials from last year stand out. So what is on the menu tonight?? Most people have lots of friends and family over to watch the big game. Rob and I will only have our friend Andrew over. I will make nachos and it will be just how we like it.

Here is a recipe for the nachos that I use. I watched a friend make them and thought I would try it. :) I have never been a nacho fan but this recipe turned me to be a fan!!

2 bags of Tostitos MULTI-GRAIN tortilla chips
1 bag Mozzarella cheese
1 bag of Chedder
1 bag of Mexican blend cheese
1/2 pound of meat, cooked (ground beef, diced steak, diced chicken, shredded pork)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
spread a layer of chips on a 11x13 cookie sheet (one that has a small edge to help the chips stay on the pan)
sprinkle all three cheeses onto the layer of chips.
spread remainder chips to create another layer of chips on the pan.
sprinkle remainder of the cheeses onto the chips.
sprinkle the cooked meat on top of the chips.
place cookie sheet in oven until cheese is melted.
(keep an eye on this as the cheese will burn)

serve with sour cream, guacamole, black beans or refried beans, shredded lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails