Rob today looked back at the date of when Iona informed him of not having a job in June. The date was December 11th. If you count 40 calendar days from December 11th you will end up on January 20th, which was yesterday!! Pretty cool huh??
We are not banking on Belmont, but Rob just finds it very interesting that it was 40 days.
For my readers who are not in the Christian faith, 40 is a big deal in the bible:
- It rained for 40 days/nights to create the flood for Noah. (Gen 7:12)
- Noah was on the ark for 40 days before the water went away. (Gen 8:6)
- Embalming required 40 days (Gen 50:3)
- Moses was on the mountain for 40 days, twice! (Exo 24:18, Exo 24:18, & Deu 10:10)
- Moses' face shone for 40 days after being on the mountain with God. (Exo 34:29)
- It took 40 days to search out the promise land and bring back fruit. (Num 13:25)
- The Isrealites wandered around the desert for 40 years (Exo 16:35 & Num 14:33-34)
- Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness (Mat 3:17& Mat 4:1-2)
- Jesus was seen on earth for 40 days after his crucifixion. (Acts 1:3)