Friday, January 1, 2010

First Post of 2010




Well since I am still up...I figure I would do my first posting before I go to bed. Happy 2010!! I thought I would look back on the past ten years of my life to see how far I have came.

  • 2000 - I turned 20 and was still living with my parents in Oregon, which was not always a bad thing. I was working at Home Depot which still to date was one of the favorite companies I have ever worked for.  November, I got sick and found out that I am extremely allergic to Zithromax the wrong way.
  • 2001 - Lots happened for me in 2001. I moved out of my parent's house with a co-worker who I didn't know very well in May. I met a guy who also ended up moving in as well. I turned 21 in June and ten days later one of my bestest friends got married. I also got engaged on that day. September 11th occurred and every American's life was changed forever. By October, my engagement was called off. It was a good thing in the end...even though I could not see that back then.
  • 2002 - I moved back to my parent's house due to having roommates not helping me pay the rent. I quit my job at Home Depot, to hopefully move onto bigger and better things. I did a lot of dumb things this year. I guess I was trying to figure out who I was. My friend, Erika was married in May.
  • 2003 - I became pregnant in May and started another journey down the road of Adoption. What an experience. This expereince brought my family together a little bit more as it was a family decision. Several friends got married this year including: Karyn, Angie, and Melissa.
  • 2004 - Kaylee Rae was born on January 31st! I started down the road of being a birthmother. In Feb. I flew to Vegas for the first time to meet up with  my best friend, Christy. We spent a day and a half there before driving to her house in Flagstaff, AZ. In July, my sister and I moved into an apartment up in Milwaukie, Oregon. Boy, I miss that apartment. My sister got married and had planned a wedding in five short days. December, my new brother-in-law was deployed to Iraq.
  • 2005 - In May, I started a position at Delta Fire, Inc. as the administrative assistant. Yet another great company to work for! I decided to sign up with Eharmony.com just to see if it worked. I had friends who had found people on the site and figured I would give it a try. In July, Rob and I were matched and went from stage 1 to stage 4 which is open communication on the site with in three days. July I moved from Milwaukie to Tigard due to my sister moving to Olympia. In August, Rob and I had our first face to face date. He flew up to meet me and that is when we both knew we were right for each other. September I flew down to Tucson to visit Rob and see where he lives. This is when we started flying about once a month to see each other over the wekends. September I went to my first Oregon Ducks game. I was hooked to being an Oregon Fan. :) November (Thanksgiving) I was given a Promise ring from Rob. 
  • 2006 - I started to make my plans to move to Arizona. Such a scarey and exciting adventure. In May Rob flew up to Portland and proposed to me on the last day of work at Delta Fire (May 19th). Memorial Day weekend I packed up my stuff and moved down to Tucson, Arizona, with the help of my mom and dad. Wedding plans start in motion. Interesting to be planning a wedding long distantly since we had decided to get married in Portland. Erik and Ang were married in August.
  • 2007 - April 19th Rob defended his dissertation and passed! May 12th, Rob graduates from the University of Arizona with a PhD in Management in Information Systems. May 19th, Rob and I are married in Lake Oswego, Oregon. We honeymooned in Ireland for a week, only to then spend almost a month in Ohio. June I turned 27 and was house hunting in New York and Connecticut. August 2007 I was an official owner of a house. Rob and I took a trip to Las Vegas so that he could present at a conference he had been invited to. October 8th, my nephew, Simon, was born! I rang in 2008 with my best friend Christy while visiting in Oregon.
  • 2008 - I started my job at AMC Theatres in January. Febuary, Rob and I adopted Casey from New England Border Collie Rescue. In March, I started taking classes towards a social work degree at Iona College. October took Rob and I to San Diego for a conference that would turn into an annual conference. December I traveled to Germany to visit my sister and see the sites in Berlin, Munich, and Nuremburg.
  • 2009 - I started a blog this year to help people see what I was doing and to read what I had on my mind. Sorry if most of my postings are boring. But, what a year this year was. Rob and I had many adventures. We went to China in late June, and earlier in June I spent a weekend in Oregon and also another weekend in Gatlinburg, TN for my 29th birthday. October, we spent a week in Houston, TX where Rob presented at the annual IIMA Conference. In early December, Rob found out that due to Budget Cuts he would have a teaching job until June 2010.
As you can see...I didn't do much early in the decade. I know all of the events define who I am and where I am today. So what is to come for this new year? Well there will be a lot of change. Rob and I will be moving to a new place. As of right now we have no idea where we will be. Hopefully it will be someplace warmer than Connecticut. We are still hoping to attend the annual conference IIMA conference as this year it is being held in Amsterdam. We will see what happens. All we can do for this year is pray and see where the good Lord sends us.

2 comments:

  1. Here is what I did over the past 10 years...

    2000 - Was studying for my MBA at Akron and was named Acting Director of Information Systems in the College of Business. Ended up putting in a lot of 18 hour workdays and 80 hour weeks. Also began teaching and realized I wanted to teach for the rest of my life. So during this year, I was student, faculty and staff at the same time. HR actually called me about this and told me I couldn't do all 3 at the same time, but they ended up letting me do so.

    2001 - I graduated with my MBA and was still working in the Computer Labs. I also got my dog Sparky this year.

    2002 - This was a year of transition and was a very difficult time. I transitioned from the computer labs into full-time teaching out of the Accounting Dept. If it wasn't for my sister I might have starved during this period.

    2003 - I got my Cindy dog in February. In April I was accepted to Arizona for PhD school and by Aug moved my dog and I 2,000 miles across the country to begin a new adventure. At the end of the year I developed a serious medical condition and ended up in the hospital frequently.

    2004 - This was a rough year as I was trying to learn how to conduct research. Carol moved in with me and helped to alleviate my lonliness and gave me someone I could talk with.

    2005 - I met Amy through eHarmony and went up to see her Aug 19. We went back and forth about every 3 weeks. I also spent Christmas with Amy and her family. I felt uncomfortable, but Amy got me through it.

    2006 - I started getting real good at research and started having fun with it. I also planned out how I was going to propose to Amy, and keeping it quiet was difficult. Amy also moved in with me this year and we put in a laminate wood floor in the kitchen. Something Amy did not enjoy.

    2007 - Another transition year. Graduation, Marriage, Moving across country to New England.

    2008 - Went on several trips and got a Casey dog, the eternal puppy.

    2009 - Went to Gatlinburg and China. December was a sad time for us as another forced transition is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails