Friday, January 22, 2010

New Movies for weekend of JANUARY 22, 2010

Three new movies came out this week. I really only see one good one out of the bunch for this week. The new movies should start getting better as January is coming to an end. :)

Legion - Rated R - Stars: Paul Bettany, Dennis Quaid, Charles S. Dutton - The Plot: God has lost his faith in humankind, causing him to send his legion of angels to bring on the Apocalypse. A remote diner becomes the battleground, where the Archangel Michael (Bettany) bands together with a group of strangers, though Michael's true focus is to protect a pregnant waitress whose unborn child is humankind's hope for survival. **The screenwriter and director should have done their biblical homework to get things correct. Granted...if they would have done that...then it would probably not be what the movie is. Nothing about this movie sounds good for me to sit for two hours and watch this.**

Tooth Fairy - Rated PG - Stars: Stars: Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Ashley Judd, Julie Andrews - The Plot:A bad deed on the part of a tough minor-league hockey player (Johnson) results in an unusual sentence: He must serve one week as a real-life tooth fairy. **This movie looks cute and light hearted. It may be a bit dumb..but hey...one can not think too much about this as they are watching it.**

Extraordinary Measures - Rated PG - Stars: Stars: Brendan Fraser, Keri Russell, Harrison Ford
The Plot: A drama centered on the efforts of John and Aileen Crowley (Fraser and Russell) to find a researcher (Ford) to develop a potential cure for their two children's rare genetic disorder. **I am excited for this movie. I personally like movies that are based on true stories. I am not too sure if I will have time to see this...but I would recommend people to see this movie.**

2 comments:

  1. I saw the previews for Extraordinary Measures and want to see it. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD and not waste a million bucks watching it in theaters. But it looks good. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in seeing how Extraordinary Measures does since it was filmed in Portland and other parts of Oregon last spring. Movies filmed in Oregon actually don't have a very good track record at the box office. I would go see it but I don't have any extra money. I still haven't seen It's Complicated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails